Dean shares his recipe for carb-friendly chicken and cauliflower fried rice
Dean Shares His No-Carb Chicken Cauliflower “Fried Rice” Recipe
- 4 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas or green beans (cut into small pieces)
- ½ cup frozen or fresh carrots, chopped
- ½ cup fresh red bell peppers, minced
- 5 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup plus 2T low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced (roast chicken is OK)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil. Add the eggs and mix quickly. Transfer the eggs to a plate and set aside.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of canola oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
Add the peas (or green beans), carrots and red pepper. Sauté until tender. Remove to a plate.
Add another 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan. Heat until boiling. Add thawed cauliflower rice. Let it get a crispy coating on all sides.
Add the peas, carrots and peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes.
While the vegetables cook, whisk together the soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir sauce and chicken into cauliflower mixture. Cook an additional minute or 2. Stir the cooked eggs into the mixture.
Garnish with toasted slivered almonds and green onions and serve.
More of Dean’s recipes on his website’s Dean Cooks page. Tune in Wednesdays to the WGN Morning News for more!
Suggest a fix