International friendly: United States against Uzbekistan
USWNT vs. Uzbekistan – International Friendly Match
Date: April 9, 2022
Place: Lower.com field; Columbus, Ohio
Broadcast: FOX, ViX
Broadcast time: 5 p.m. ET on FOX
Official kick-off time: 5:30 p.m. ET
Starting XI against Uzbekistan: 1-Alyssa Naeher, 2-Abby Dahlkemper, 5-Kelley O’Hara (captain), 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 15-Alana Cook, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan, 19-Emily Fox, 20-Catarina Macario
Available Subs: 6-Jaelin Howell, 7-Ashley Hatch, 8-Sofia Huerta, 13-Ashley Sanchez, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22-Kristie Mewis, 23-Margaret Purce
Don’t Dress Up: Bella Bixby, Imani Dorsey, Naomi Girma, Trinity Rodman
PLAY NOTES | FIVE THINGS TO KNOW – UZBEKISTAN
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (Including This Game)): O’Hara (151), Horan (109), Naeher (80), Dahlkemper (78), Pugh (71), Lavelle (70), Sullivan (26), Macario (16), Smith (14), Fox (12) ), Cook (8)
- The starting line-up is on average 26.8 years old, with only two players – O’Hara (33) and Naeher (33) – aged over 30. Five players – Cook (24), Pugh (23), Fox (23), Macario (22) and Smith (21) – are under 25.
- The roster averages 57 caps per player with O’Hara (151) and Horan (109) the most capped players on this roster and in the camp overall. The six 2019 World Cup champions called up for training camp in April are part of that starting lineup. Cook is the only player on the roster with single-digit caps.
- Vlatko Andonovski coached and won his first-ever match with the USWNT in Columbus, Ohio, a 3-2 win over Sweden on November 7, 2019. Four players from Andonovski’s first-ever starting roster with the USWNT are in tonight’s eleven in Columbus: Naeher, Dahlkemper, Horan and Lavelle.
- Defender Kelley O’Hara going to win him 151st ceiling in the overall standings as she captains the United States for the third time in 2022 and the fourth time in her 13-year career with the USWNT. O’Hara has played the full 90 minutes in five of his last six outings with the USWNT.
- Goalie Alyssa Naher will earn him 80and international cap as she makes her second start of 2022 for the USWNT. Naeher is only the third goalkeeper and 46and USWNT player overall to reach 80 caps. She has 46 shutouts in her 79 previous international appearances, the highest shutout percentage of any goaltender in USWNT history with 25 or more caps.
- Naeher returned to the pitch on February 20 and recorded a shutout in her first game for club or country in 202 days after suffering a serious knee injury in the Olympic semi-final on August 2, 2021, when she was forced out of the game. within 30and minute.
- Abby Dahlkemper will see her first action of the year with the USWNT as she earns her 78and overall cap. Dahlkemper, who missed the 2022 SheBelieves Cup with a back injury, will now have started in 70 of his 78 career caps.
- Mallory Pughwho led the United States in scoring with three goals in the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, will make his third start in 2022 winning his 71st career cap. Following his two-goal and one-assist performance against Iceland in his last appearance for the USWNT, Pugh now has 21 international goals and 21 international assists. Pugh, 23, is only 24and player in USWNT history with 20+ goals and 20+ assists, and just the eighth to reach the 20/20 milestone before the age of 25.
- Lindsey Horan is ready to earn his 109and overall cap as she makes her first appearance in 2022 for the USWNT. Horan missed the 2022 SheBelieves Cup as she recovered from a knee problem but has since returned to action for her new club Olympique Lyon. The 2021 American Football Player of the Year, Horan is the career leading scorer on this list with 25 international goals and also tops this list with 33 international assists.
- Sophie Smith will make his fourth consecutive start by winning his 14and global cap for the USWNT. One of five players to start every game in the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, Smith is the youngest player in that starting lineup at 21 and has one goal and three assists in her previous 13 caps.
- Alana Cook will enter her sixth straight match for the USWNT as she earns her eighth overall cap. Cook leads the USWNT in minutes played in 2022 with 226, playing all but four minutes at the 2022 SheBelieves Cup.
- Cook’s first-ever camp with the USWNT kicked off in Columbus in November 2019 in what was also Andonovksi’s first event. She earned her first cap at the end of that camp, playing 90 minutes in a 6-0 win over Costa Rica on November 10, 2019 in Jacksonville, Florida.
- ohio native Rose Lavelle will earn him 70and cap for the USWNT as she makes her second appearance in 2022. Lavelle, who becomes the 52n/a USWNT player to reach 70 caps, will now have played 34 matches under head coach Vlatko Andonovski, the biggest player in his tenure with the United States.
- This will be Lavelle’s sixth game with the USWNT in her home state of Ohio, and the first since scoring a goal and collecting three assists against Paraguay on September 21, 2021, in her hometown. of Cincinnati.
- Andi Sullivan will start for the ninth time in USA’s last 10 as they make their 26and career appearance for the USWNT. Sullivan, who has played just one game in 2020, has played the full 90 minutes in four of his last eight caps for the United States.
- Emilie Renard will make his seventh consecutive start and earn him 12and global cap for the USWNT. Fox will now have appeared in every match USA has played since the October 2021 FIFA window, the only USWNT player to appear in all eight matches in that span.
- Catarina Macaire will make her fourth start of the year as she earns her 16and global cap for the USWNT. Macario, 22, scored twice and had an assist in the SheBelieves Cup final against Iceland on February 23 and was named Visa SheBelieves Cup MVP. Starting with this game against Iceland, Macario has scored seven goals in his last six games combined for both club and country.