Navy Pier launches new designer market for family events – NBC Chicago
Navy Pier will host a range of daily family activities for more than two weeks to ring in Spring Break starting in April.
The free event is open to everyone and will run from April 1-17, officials said. Throughout the celebrations, families can watch baking demonstrations, interactive science experiments, jewelry-making classes and more.
“With so many new activities and events to enjoy during the first two weeks of April, Navy Pier is the perfect spring break destination for those looking for unforgettable experiences,” said the President and CEO of Navy Pier, Marilynn Gardner, in a statement.
Scheduled activities include:
- Baking demonstration on April 2
- Friendship bracelet and musical instrument workshop April 5
- Sundae-making workshops and cocktail-making demonstrations on April 4 and 11
- Strawberry bouquet workshop April 6
- Interactive Science Experiments April 12-13
To view the full Spring Break schedule, click here.
During the event, Lolita’s Bodega Artisan Market will also be running simultaneously. The market will feature nearly 60 vendors of art, clothing, food, perfume, jewelry and more.
Each market will consist of a two-hour “designer workshop” with hands-on demonstrations by established artisans.
Featured workshops include:
- Los Amigos Books, literacy workshop to learn Spanish on April 2
- Chetoni Designs, jewelry creation workshop April 8
- Lady Sol, “Move Like a Goddess”, danced well-being workshop on April 9
- Meag Maldo, balloon decoration workshop on April 14
- Sky Lyte Inc. Soy Candle Making Workshop April 16
More market information can be found here.